- 700g hake, skinned, boned and finely chopped
- 2 tablesp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablesp. mayonnaise
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 40g stale breadcrumbs or Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablesp. olive oil
- 8 Burger buns
- Place the fish in a large bowl with the parsley, chilli, ginger, garlic, beaten egg, mayonnaise, lime zest and juice and the breadcrumbs and mix together.
- Shape the mixture into 6 x 8cm burgers, put them on a plate, cover with cling-film and chill for an hour if you have time. This will help them to hold their shape when you are cooking them.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the fish burgers and cook over a medium heat for 4minutes on each side, until crisp and golden.
Goes well with: guacamole, lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce