Who We Are
What Information We Collect
This section tells you what personal data we may collect from you when you use our services.
- Personal identification details including name, delivery and billing addresses, email addresses and phone number.
- Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities and your progress to check out may take longer. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website.
- Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
- Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, browser type and mobile device identifiers).
- Your account login details, including your username and the password that you have chosen.
- Information about your online purchases, what you have bought, when and how you paid for it.
- Transaction information, including the online purchases you earn loyalty points for and how you use your loyalty points.
- Details of emails and digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on.
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and reviews.
What We Do With Your Information
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 (amended 2003) and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order and to provide after-sales service. We may pass your details to third parties organisations to supply and/or deliver products you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service including refunds.
- We may use your personal data to carry out customer research, to improve our product and service capabilities.
- We will retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our website and how you move around different sections of our website for analytics purposes to understand how people use our website so that we can make it more intuitive.
- We will use your browsing history and order details to allow us to personalise the products and promotions we offer you. These can come from us or from carefully selected third parties. You may be contacted by post, email, SMS or such other means as we regard as appropriate. If you do not wish to receive these marketing communications, you can select not to when you register your personal details on the website and at any time after that.
- We will use your personal date to contact you about any complaint or dispute you have with us.
Sharing Personal Data With Other Organisations
We may share personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- To carefully selected third parties, who may provide elements of servicing on our behalf. For example, sending marketing communications, data processing, monitoring our website.
- If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data or for the administration of justice.
- If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud);
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- You have the right to request we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to object to us processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure you type “privacy” in the subject line of your email. Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address:
Star Seafoods Ltd, Dauros, Kenmare, Co. Kerry, Ireland.
You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply email email@example.com. Type “unsubscribe” in the subject line and then the following in the main text: your full name your postal address, your email address. We will then suppress your data from
all direct marketing, although we will keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and after sale obligations.