Serves: 2 people
- 360 grams salmon
- 400 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Black pepper
- 400gr pasta
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 125 ml feta cheese
- ½ onion
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions and keep warm in a baking dish until the sauce is ready.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the onion and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, then sprinkle with the cornflour.
- Pour in the milk slowly and stir ensuring there are no lumps in the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, stirring continuously for 3 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken – the sauce at this stage will still be runny.
- Skin and chop up the salmon, add to the frying pan allowing to simmer for 3 -4 minutes over a low heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard, half of the feta cheese.
- Mix the fish and sauce with the pasta ensuring it is evenly coated and add the remaining cheese on top.
- Place in a preheated oven for 10 – 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve piping hot.