- 5 kgs of live mussels
- 2 cups of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1/3 cup of mixed fresh herbs (such as basil of parsley chopped)
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 4 large shallots
- Rinse and scrub mussels under cold water.
- Using your fingers or a knife, remove beards (strings hanging from the mussel shells) and discard.
- In a large stockpot set over medium heat, combine wine, shallots, garlic, salt and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add mussels, cover and increase heat.
- Cook until all mussels are open, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in herbs and butter.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately
Mussels cooked in white wine
Mussels cooked in white wine.Real quick and easy to cook. Message us on our page if you would like to order any mussels.INGREDIENTS• 2kg live mussels• 2cups dry white wine• 4large scallions, finely chopped• 4garlic cloves, finely chopped• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt• 1⁄2 an onion• mixed fresh herbs • 6 tablespoons butter, cut into piecesDIRECTIONS1. Rinse and scrub mussels under cold water.2. Using your fingers , remove beards (strings that hang from the mussel shells), and discard.3. In a large stockpot set over medium heat, combine wine, scallions, garlic, and salt.4. Simmer 5 minutes.5. Add mussels, cover, and increase heat to high.6. Cook until all mussels are open, about 5 minutes.7. Stir in herbs and butter.8. Remove from heat.9. Serve immediately.Posted by Star Seafoods on Thursday, February 15, 2018