Serves 4 people
• 700 grams of mixed fish (salmon, hake and coley)
• 100g plain flour
• Bread crumbs
• 3 eggs
• Salt and pepper
• Dried parsley
• 700 grams potatoes
• 1/2 an onion
• 100 grams grated cheese
• Olive oil
1. Firstly peel and chop potatoes into smaller pieces and boil.
2. When potatoes are fully boiled, mash them up with parsley, salt and pepper.
3. The fish should be skinned, pinned and portioned into inch thick cubes (your Star Seafoods fish monger will do this)
4. Place the fish onto a baking tray and place into a pre heated oven at gas mark 6 (200’C) for 12 minutes
5. When the fish is fully cooked, finely mash up the potatoes, fish, cheese and chopped onion
6. Tightly ball up the mixture in your hands and form into a disc shape.
7. Lightly dip into a bowl of flour, egg and bread crumbs.
8. The final step is frying the fish cakes on medium heat cooking both sides for around 20seconds.