- 700g seafood mix
- 300ml fish stock
- 300ml milk
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons of cream
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch of parsley chopped
- 225g potatoes chopped
- 100g streaky bacon rashers chopped up
- Olive oil
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large sauce pan adding onion and bacon, cook until onion has softened and bacon is lightly browned.
- Gently stir in the flour
- Pour in the fish stock and bring it up to a gentle simmer.
- Add potatoes, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through
- Add pinch of nutmeg, cayenne pepper and some seasoning, then gently stir in the milk.
- Add the fish mix into the pan and gently simmer for 4 minutes
- Add the cream and simmer for 2 minutes
- Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste
Goes well with: a slice of homemade brown bread.